More teeth and ANOTHER cold

April 29th, 2008

This weekend really had its ups and downs. First I was so mad it was grey and cold after a week of beautiful weather. Still we kept our plans of going to the Kendallville city garage sale at the fairgrounds. It was supposed to be really big this year and I have been on the lookout for any kinds of outdoor kids toys. I scored a collapsable tunnel at a garage sale on Friday for $2! I’ve really been wanting some kind of little plastic playset to deter Ella from our big playset that is way too high and dangerous for her yet. And do you know how much the little plastic playsets are? Usually around $130 for basically a tiny slide and stairs with a little platform at the top. Maybe a telescope or something. Seems overpriced to me.

Anyway, we get ready and Steve said he’s changed his mind. He’s not going. I finally convince him it would be fun – which never starts me off in a good mood.

Then as Ella’s sitting in the front play room I go out the front door to put a few things in the car and when I come back in and close the door a picture frame falls of a shelf on the wall and shatters, just about a foot from Ella. This scares me to death. And when you have glass break and a toddler you have to be sure to clean up every single little bit. So after that, I take Ella out back to play for a minute. She’s just dying to go outside. I had been putting it off since it’s so cold. But I give in. And while she’s running around I decide to wind up the hose. As I wind it up out comes a big gush of water, all over my pants. Uugh. After blow drying it with a hairdryer for five minutes we finally take off.

It was really cold at the garage sale and they didn’t have much that we were looking for, but we did get a really cute little play pizza set for $3 that Ella has already gotten our money’s worth out of.

So we went home and relaxed the rest of the day, but Steve and I were just irritable. It was gloomy and everything he was doing was getting on my nerves. And when Ella had stinky diaper number three, I said, “it’s your turn.” He argued. And I insisted I had just done two and it was clearly his turn. Then Ella came near me and Steve threw a box of wipes to me and said “she’s near you, so why don’t you just do it?”

This was the final straw. I needed a time out. I walked straight upstairs to our bed where I layed watching tv, reading and then closed my eyes for the next hour or so. It was exactly what I needed. I was utterly exhausted. But Ella started looking for me and that was OK, I was ready again. And this time Steve layed down. It must have been about 5:30 p.m. And he went to sleep. And didn’t get up until about 10:30 the next day. Yes, he slept about 17 hours. I guess we were both a little more than tired, huh?

The rest of the weekend looked up from there. Obviously exhaustion was a big part of our weekend starting out rough. The weather was even a little better Sunday, so we played outside. Ella climbed in and out of her tunnel and her car and pushed her little lawn mower. She’s been a little off though. She wants to be held a lot more when she’s not feeling great. And I can see two more teeth coming in on the top and have noticed she’s drooling a lot. She’s teething again. Poor girl. She also started getting a runny nose this weekend. And so did I. And mine’s turned into annoying sinus headaches. I hope she doesn’t feel like that.

Anyway, during her first nap I ran a few errands, part of which was searching for a playset for Ella still. I didn’t get anything.

And when she napped for a second time Steve and I moved our new patio set in our screened in porch. Our outside area is looking really nice and I’m so happy we have a nice place to let Ella play. I even got online and ordered a little playset.

Then that night when Ella went to bed I made us each a margarita and prepared some chips and bean dip and we watched the movie Walk Hard. It was pretty funny. It was a good way to end our weekend too.

Ella and I had a really good day Monday too. Went grocery shopping. Took Kennith, our cat, to get his hair cut. (He gets dread locks that will not come out). Then we just played around the house. Poor Kennith though. For some reason Ella’s all over him more than ever. At one point, Steve said she was hitting him with a wooden spoon. Usually she’s grabbing his ears or pulling on him. And he’ll swing at her with his paws. He’s been declawed but I can’t believe it doesn’t scare her. Instead she thinks it hilarious. At least it’s got her mind off those painful teeth …

Comments are closed.

    About Us

    Me. Blogger. Formerly lived carefree life of eating out, staying out late, traveling and whatever else I wanted. Now mostly chase around two kids, cook, clean and work as graphic artist.

    Wonderful web guru husband who prepared this site for me. He's even trying to help to do dishes more around the house. Good man. I met him at a party in college in 1998 and he still hasn’t gone home.

    Unbelievably cute daughter who's been running the show at our house since March of 2007.

    Our newest, precious girl who just joined us in December of 2009.